Jawa ignition coil problem...

Colton Opinker /

I tested all of my coils with a multimeter and the only one that did not give me a beep was the ignition coil...I have 2 of them and they both did not give me readings... The rest of the coils did however, im assuming i need to get new ignition coil for my engines then? I have the black box but I am converting it to the home made thrysistor. anybody got a couple spare working ignition coils or is that not the problem?

Re: Jawa ignition coil problem...

Patrick Keaton /

I would wait to the homemade thrysistor has been converted before doing anything. The thrysistor can even produce a spark at the spark plug, but not be strong enough to start the engine.

bet your coils work

usually its the thyster that gives trouble

there are test parameters at jawamoped.com

and how to test Jawa ignition systems

Colton Opinker /

Instead of testing (or replacing for that matter) a unit that is naturally faulty with a used unit of the same quality I just decided to shelf the old faulty tranzimo and the thrysistor unit with the homemade unit. question is, are the homemade units considered wear units as well?

check the continuity through that ignition coil, the wiring is very fine and breaks/ gets cut very easily. mine broke right near the solder post, but it was very hard to see as the wire is like a hair. I just unwraped 2 turns to give me some length and soldered it back on,and viola!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account