Tomos a55 stuttering, and clanking a little? (sound file)

Will Oliver /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Tomos a55 is stuttering and clanking at idle. I have an airsal 70cc kit, biturbo exhaust.

I just checked the timing about 5 minutes ago and it is dead on. It sounds like there's metal hitting metal, but this might be me mis-hearing things. the P.O. says that this clanking has been going on for a long time, but hasn't affected anything. I opened up the top end a few days ago, and it looks great. Things look like they're working just as they are supposed to, nothing looks bent or broken. It will do this at idle, and occasionally cut out and die but not always. SOmetimes it seems that it actually stopes for a sec, and then the engine recatches and it keeps going. It seems to go away at high speeds...

What could cause something like this? has anyone ever experienced anything like this before?

I am trying to attach a sound file, I hope it works... for some reason it doesn't work on my itunes but works with vlc, windows media, etc. let me know if it doesn't work!

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account