Honda express nc50 wheel question

Do 78'-80' Honda express rear wheels work on 1977 Honda express rear end and if not what's the difference?

Re: Honda express nc50 wheel question

It should.My 78 wheel fits on my 81 nc50.

You should be fine. As far as I know, the wheels for the express models were the same. If you look at the 77-80 models, they made cosmetic changes, thats about it. after 80, they started changing the trans, but even then i think the wheels were the same.

sorry I checked the 81 and the shaft is bigger but the 78 and 80 I have are the same so as long as you get one from 77-80 you should be good.I have a bunch just some are bent or missing spokes or rusty drums.

77-80 are compatible with each other. 81-83 are compatible with each other but the two styles do not mix. They have different shaft sizes

at what year did they change the rim size? Are the 77-80 14in?

They all are 14 inch wheels just the 81 and up had a bigger shaft and larger brake drum in the center.I have a set of 17 inch wheels that fit onto the 81 shaft but Iam not sure what they came from hobbit or urban maybe???

Age Sully /

Would an urban work too?

Iam not sure.I only have nc50's but if your having trouble finding one look in buy/sell here on MA and there is a few guys with parts for you.A guy named steve something(grinchito) or jeff 518.

81 and newer have a 2 spd trans and have a bigger shaft, nu have a deeper brake drum. your pretty much stuck with a 77-80 nc wheel

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account