Hobbit vs express cables

Are they the exact same. I put an express rear brake on my hobbit restore and the round cam on the cable for the lever seems small or less wide than the lever . So the cable doesn't stay in the spot for it on the lever perfectly as it should. Is it that I am missing some small part that the cable first fits into that then slips into the handle or is it the wrong cable?

Re: Hobbit vs express cables

pics would make that question a lot clearer.

I've swapped out Express and Hobbit brake components and cables with no problems. The levers are a tiny bit different, but fully interchangeable. The lengths might be a tad off, though.

Marc Friedman /

So the round cylinder at the lever end is the same size and diameter?

Your cable ends with a knarp. The brake lever grabs that knarp. The other end of the brake lever pivots on the lightly-toothed tip of the "brake axle," which goes inside your hub and spreads your brake pads.

Hobbit cables, levers, "brake axles" and brake pads are interchangeable between NC50/NA50 and PA50.

The hub covers and speedo drives are different between them, though.

I figured this out by taking them apart and looking at it. I recommend you do the same. If it doesn't function perfectly, then make it work.

Marc Friedman /

i mistakenly posted this in the general forum. so here is a picture of the express cable in the rear lever of my hobbit. its loose in the karp/lever interface. I stuck a pice of metal in there to try to reduce the karp movement. Clearly something is wrong. Is there an other, now lost, piece between the carp and the lever?

vesspa bravo with express cable.jpg

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account