Ciao Condesor

I bought my ciao last year and it ran for a little bit the first day i had it an never ran after that. This year i bought a new carb and air filter and got the tank cleaned out. I finally got it to run but now looses power after about 5-10 minutes. When i bought it the guy said it needed a condensor so i finally picked one of those up but have no idea where its located and how to change it. Sorry im completely new to mopeds and engines really but I'm giving it my best.

Re: Ciao Condesor

OH BOY, try "project moped manual", the ciao or vespa pages in the moped wiki, or moped riders assosciation (MRA) for a ciao or other vespa moped (same motor) and see if you can dig up a manual.

getting to the ignition is difficult on those bikes but totally doable. the manual will help.

another option is to look up "wiring in external condenser" and you can probably wire it in outside the stator and still have it work. basically you want the condenser body grounded and the condenser terminal to be in parallel with the wire from the magneto to the HT coil.

selllllllllll it

Chad Calcagno /

I'm looking into the wiring the condenser external thanks! and i got a copy of the Manuel fro 1977 mopeds. The part should be in monday so ill try and hook it up next week thanks!

Chad Calcagno /

ben hooker Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> selllllllllll it

Do you not like your Ciao?

You need to take the engine out and take off the flywheel to get to the ignition. Here's what it looks like:

The round thing with the yellow wire coming out of it is the condenser. Make sure your new condenser has the little bit of oily felt stuck to it.

You might be able to wire up an external condenser without removing the stock one, but I'm not sure if that would work. You would hook it up to the low voltage wire on the coil (the part with the little rubber boot on the left) and make sure the condenser's case is grounded.

whats the brush for?

Brush? What brush? If you mean the oily felt thing, it's to keep the points cam oiled.

The one-wire Vespa condenser sold by Treats is not long enough to mount externally, unless you splice it. And unless you have turn signals and a battery, I think that those Ciao cases do not have the hole in the case for external mounting anyway.

Chad Calcagno /

I have the new condenser so now I'm going to try and replace it myself but I'm having issues getting to it. Is this the flywheel or how do I remove this part to get the engine out I tried turning the bolt in the middle and it won't loosen.

Sorry for my complete ignorance in taking apart mopeds

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account