81 honda express air filter

lucky charms /

I have been messing with my 81 honda express na50 and had some issues,Most of it is fixed now,It idles ok now since i took off the stupid oil injection crap.Only real question i have is there another option of using a diff air filter instead of the old air box,I can get it to run without it but have to keep my hand over the carb to keep it running.I would like to but on another filter and just upjet to even things out.Has anyone done this or know if it will work?Thanks for the help

Re: 81 honda express air filter

There are a variety of air filters available online. Do you still have the stock carb on your bike? If so, you could probably find what you need by measuring the carb and then search on Google using the measurement in mm. You might also try looking at one of the UFO style filters or a pocket bike filter.

If you have to take off the oil injection to get it to idle there is something wrong, also if you have to hold your hand over the carb to make it idle there is something wrong. An Express will idle just fine with no air filter or the correct filter. They are not that restrictive.

lucky charms /

I only took off the oil injection because it was to hard to get the mix screw on the carb to work right for me.much easier to just mix my self.as for the air box and putting my hand on the carb I only do that cause the bolts for the airbox are missing.Still looking for replacements.I was able to ride down the street and back yesterday but no very well.I am starting to think there is something wrong with the auto choke.

I would say pull the carb, clean it, pull the auto choke, clean it and then see how it runs.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account