Peugeot 103 Exhaust Porting

I have a Peugeot 103 and I have read a great deal about a ridge in the exhaust port that can be ground away for improved performance.

Is this that ridge? Do I just grind it off with a dremel?

Anything else I should get take off?

Re: Peugeot 103 Exhaust Porting

That's it. Go to work and ride faster, young grasshopper!

Jimbo Grand Daddy /

Also remove the baffle plate from the exhaust. Enjoy the free speed upgrade!

Unfortunately I have this style of exhaust. No easily removable baffle.

Its going to be tough getting a tool that deep into the exhaust port to grind. Maybe Ill dust off the old dentist drill and see if that thing is still working.

Just drill a hole in the end cap where that big tube is welded to.

Make a new end cap with a 7/16 inch hole as an exit and let the neighbours enjoy the sound of you buzzing around.

OR

Replace the little stub exit tube with 7/16 ID tube and drill more holes in the piccolo to reduce the sound a bit and still give better then stock performance.

I got my dentists drill up and running and that means more pics!

bye bye

I worry that the cylinder may have buckled a little and I am not too sure what to do about that. Not sure if you can see it in this pic, its very slight.

Thanks for all the exhaust suggestions, that will be next on the to do list.

I gave the new edge a small chamfer and the puckering appears to be gone. I wonder if I should do that to all the edges in this thing, or will that affect timing?

(edited)

Jimbo Grand Daddy /

Looking good. I'd polish the inside of the port more. Less carbon build up that way.

Don't worry about chamfering all the other ports. they should be good from the factory.

Well, slapped it all back together and the good news is that it runs great.

The bad news is that the top speed is only 53kph (≈33mph). I guess that's not too bad considering how stock everything is but I was kinda hoping to hit 60kph.

Onward to the exhaust mods! And then to the clutch mods!

Clutch and variator mods won't get you more top speed, only better acceleration.

SHA 15.15 carb and SHA intake with polini reeds would help your top speed and you can use those if you end up kitting it.

I would LOVE to do some carb and intake mods but unfortunately they cost money. Ill probably get to them once I've exhausted all the free things to do.

The variotop gets you alot on the top speed.

Variotop... I do not think I have heard that term before.

Whatsit?

An expensive aftermarket variator.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account