79 Puch maxi Not idling

Jared Kaczynski /

When I start my maxi, it won't stay running unless I rev it consistently. I have about an inch of play in the throttle cable, could this be the problem? or should I upjet the carb?

Re: 79 Puch maxi Not idling

Probably Fred /

More info needed

Could be many things. Is your carb clean? Did you try adjusting your cable to raise the idle? You have strong spark?

Jared Kaczynski /

Ken let me know what info you need here are the specs:

50cc tccd kit with high compression head. treats cdi and 12v light coil. Has a black boss pipe. 14mm bing carb bored out carb with a 70 jet ( don't know what size its bored to.. have to measure).

I haven't adjusted the cable yet, I need to order knarps from treats. Should I shorten it on the carb side, or the throttle side?

Probably Fred /

Bored carb is the problem

Luke “Funkenet” Hosfield /

Roff.

Plenty of people use bored bings without issue. You should elaborate more about what his problem is.

Probably Fred /

Boring a bing unless its bored perfact to 14-15mm the #222 and #217 atomizers will be off making for a goofy mix. If you have a bing bored or not that won't idle but runs good at speed you need to make a air leak at idle. The best way is to put a hole on each side of the slide. High enough for when the throttle is cracked the holes are blocked

Some idiot a while back said to move the bing away from the intake a little before clamping it down but that makes a air leak at all speeds

My way is better.

I just did this mod again to a friends bike that no matter what needle, slide, or atomizer was in it would idle.

He had a bing bored to almost 16 mm

I may post pictures later in what I do

I use a 9/16ths bit. I haven't come across such an issue. I had some idle troubles of course but playing with slides and atomizers, I haven't found one that doesn't run.

Probably Fred /

Wayne's slide mod is good to do too

But your changing the jetting in the mid range also

But many times that is needed too.

If all else fails or you like your mid range jetting a

Hole in your slide is what you want

Jared Kaczynski /

ok thanks guys I'll give it ago!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account