Malaguti pilot (morini) stator wiring

Hey folks,

I bought a malaguti pilot this Friday, and all that I need to finish is wiring the stator. I dont mean wiring the stator to the bike, but the stator itself. I have two coils, a condenser, and points that seem decent, but they are wired together wrong/not at all. In detail:

One coil is completely disconnected, I think it is the one for lighting.

One coil is grounded on one end, and hooked up to the ignition on the other.

The points wire goes to the condenser, and the other end of the condenser goes to ground.

No spark, but I am almost sure it is a wiring problem.

Re: Malaguti pilot (morini) stator wiring

Darrell Gabbard /

what a mess. post a pic if you can. if not then look at the 2 coils and one should be slightly larger than the other. the big coil is the mag coil and the small coil shoud be the light coil. the mag coil should have 2 wires 1 long and 1 real short. study this picture and use it as a guide

https://www.1977mopeds.com/PDGImages/images/1977_moped_parts_Morini-CEV-Flywheel-Assembly-101735.jpg

Thanks for the reply. I will try it out!

--A

What do you know- I got a spark!

One step closer to vroom.

Thank you!

--A

Darrell Gabbard /

tell me what wires went where

coil: one end goes to ground (chassis) the other goes to condenser nipple

a wire comes out of the condenser nipple to the ignition.

Darrell Gabbard /

now on that mag coil the little wire goes to the condensor and that long wire goes up and out of the mag bay and you can hard wire it to chassis ground or you can hook it up to the brake light circuit like how it was wired new.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account