Sachs 505 Petcock leak

Thomas Burns /

I am leaking gas out the front of my petcock. I took the petcock apart and did not see an o ring or seal to replace inside. I cleaned out the dirt and put it back together and it still leaks. I have included a picture. Are there any pieces missing in the picture?

Thanks

Re: Sachs 505 Petcock leak

Thomas Burns /

Here is the pic.

20120603_000706.jpg

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

You're missing the rubber gasket with the 3 holes in it. Just buy a new petcock from Treatland.tv.

you can, if you're feeling silly, put another O-ring under the lever plate and get it to seal. the lever will do nothing and it will always be flowing, and you'll have no reserve. but it shouldn't leak then and you can ride all over like that.

this is the solution I would pursue. but I would also eventually wind up kicking myself and really it's probably a better idea to shell out the 10 bucks for a new one...

Take Me Home Kev /

Buy a new petcock brother. Treats will hook you up.

If you buy one of the right angle OMG petcocks, you can use the rubber seal inside to rebuild yours. Just drill out the 3 holes slightly larger to get the lip that the rubber seal has on it to seat in the holes. Its self explanatory once you get it and look at it. I did that because i liked the look of the stock petcock.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account