!986 suzuki fa50 wont start

David Rodefer /

Please help me, I have a 96 suzuki fa50 and i put a new carb on ,i have spark, and compression , and gas and it still wont start...isn't that all a 2 stroke needs to run?

Re: !986 suzuki fa50 wont start

There should be a lever on the back case that is attached to the brake cable. This is to engage the kick start. It won't have any resistance when you kick it if the lever is not pulled into gear.

The carb should also have two adjustment screws on them. If you look on here someone posted the standard screw in amount for each. The carb can be tricky to work with.

David Rodefer /

Thanks , the brake cable is shot, but still has pressure to kick over.I have an 1985 that i put the same carb on and it worked great, 1 kick with no choke, anyway the plug has spark and when kicking it and then pulling it out it is wet.

David Rodefer /

Yeah, mabe the factory didnt set them right.Thanks jordan

You have to put the petcock in PRIME.

Look at the petcock.

Runing it in prime for long will only flood the carb. It won't hurt anything but gas will leak out like crazy from the bottom flood hole. Prime is to fill the bowl fast then switch it back to on. But if you have oil to the plug then that shouldn't be the problem

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account