Re: Brakes act as a kill switch.

typical(ly) moped wiring uses the ignition ground to run the brake light so if your bulb blows the engine stops

Yeah I don't want that to happen. I would rather ride without a brake light than be stuck because my brake light bulb blows, which happens pretty often typically.

Besides these mods are in the Wiki so I want it to get it to work. If I cannot get it to work, I'll add an edit to that wiki article stating that the author is full of shit and it will forever be known that Opelwagengt is a stupid-face troll and will be called out in the General Forum as such.

Anyone else?

I have a Motron and had same issue with breaking/motor dying. The problem was the aftermarket taillight that didn't have the ceramic resistor. Like someone already had mentioned in the thread the resisitor prevents the motor from dying in the event of a blown bulb.

My stock taillight was busted, but the resistor was alright, so i swapped the new aftermarket taillight housing with the stock circuit and wires. That worked.

Mine is stock. I wonder if the resistor went bad?

You need to watch your mouth when you talk about people. Just because someone makes a write-up in the wiki that isn't correct doesn't make them "full of shit".

You come here asking for help and calling names.

I couldn't tell you if the wiki I wrote up is valid anymore because I since re-did the wiring on my bikes.

-Aron

Darrell Gabbard /

you could get another mag coil and replace the light coil and upgrade the

head light, speedo and tail lights to 12v . wire the mag coil as the blue wire to brakes and solder a black wire on to the little wire of the mag coil and connect it to the regular light circuit. now you dont have to worry about any engine dying when you pull the brake levers.

Sorry Aron I was only joking, didn't mean to offend, I am an asshole. I assumed that you had flown the coup long ago because I've never seen you post here.

I will see if I can get your wiki wiring schematic working, its not looking good so far.

My wiring was based on a 78 Baretta that in hindsight probably had screwed up wiring to start with. I continued to have problems so I hard wired the bike. If you do figure something out go ahead and change the wiki. I think a modified version of the wiring diagram I sent you with the correct colors would be helpful.

-Aron

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account