my maxi wont GO!

ok so i got a maxi, E50, 70cc k star, techno boss, hi comp head, and i just picked up a 17mm bing carb. for my intake i have a 15mm with electrical tape to fit it in the carb snug till i fond the right one.

so my problem is that i start this ped up, and ive gotten jets from 58-70, it barely moves when i give it gas... i dont know what the deal is. someone please help!!

Re: my maxi wont GO!

Overpriced Parts /

More like #90 main jet

Stock 50cc a 17 mm bing came with a # 84 jet.

Upjet

Like “Funkenet” Hosfield /

You probably have a airleak for using janky ass tape on your intake. Luckily for you it won't run cause if it did you would have blown up that kit.

Get a intake that fits, problem solved.

so its just a big air leak?

Probably. Throw in a bigger jet like Roff said, won't hurt to try. Make sure to check for airleaks before you open up the throttle on it though.

Spray around the mating surfaces with some carb cleaner. If you have a leak you will notice the RPMs drop.

yeah i had a 90 jet in it before and it didnt move at all then haha

is your carb a 17mm sha or a phgb?

phgb has idle and choke jets.

bing

ive had troubles with that k-star cylinder and carbs smaller than 19mm, but we i also opened it up a bit more. its also really common for that particular kit to have air leaks

^ Especially when you use tape to get your carb on your intake.

Overpriced Parts /

What is your complete set up?

Case matched?

Cdi, Or points?

Timing?

Gearing?

Clutch?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account