Straightening Forks - Alignment

Andy Pabstalaniec /

After a small crash on my Peugeot 103 my alignment is off. Bars are not straight to the road when the bike is going straight. It's rideable and there's no wobble or anything, wheel is straight, forks look straight, etc. I even replaced bars but that didn't fix it. I imagine it could be the forks?

Someone suggested putting the front wheel in a bike rack or something to hold it, and just bending the handlebars back the other way to straighten the forks. Anyone else ever tried that?

Does anyone have other tips for straightening alignment besides buying new forks? thanks. (edited)

Re: Straightening Forks - Alignment

Like “Funkenet” Hosfield /

Try putting the front wheel between your legs and turning the handle bars to straighten it.

So you dont bend the wheel I would suggest to take it off and put a 2x4 between the fork legs and then try to twist them back.

Andy Pabstalaniec /

What holds the forks when you have a 2x4 between them?

Have some one stand on the 2x4

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

Moped forks are notoriously flimsy. Grab the bull (bars) by the horns (grips) and straighten them out. They'll bend (straighten) right out.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account