Motobecane AV7 70cc Parmakit wont run

Michael Burke /

I have a Motobecane with a 70cc Parmakit, dellorto sha 16.16 carb, and an upgraded pipe (i think called a ninja).

I had the kit put on by a shop and they said they couldnt get spark. I fixed the spark problem it was just the spark plug ignition part.

My problem now is I can get the bike to barely start and pour out smoke but I cant get it to run full throttle or idle... I have messed with the screw on the dellorto but hasent helped much.

Does anyone have any insight on how to fix this/get this bike running?

Re: Motobecane AV7 70cc Parmakit wont run

Have you set the timing?

Michael Burke /

Have not, I actually dont know much about these bikes unfortunately... I usually stick to puchs and hondas but thank you for the advice... I'm going to try that now.

Michael Burke /

Before I jump into this adventure of setting the timing is that more than likely what is wrong? Just didnt know if anyone is experienced with these bikes.

I have a av7 with that same kit. When I had the 16.16 sha on it ran like crap and idle'd out of control. I put a 14.12 and it runs great now. 70 jet.

So it could just be that it's hard to get a 16.16 to dial in with the kit...

I use a stock pipe

Michael Burke /

Thanks, I am going to try the timing first I'm assuming that needs to be redone first but if I still have trouble I will try the 14.12 carb. I just hope it is the timing.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account