zannetti flywheel

john burkhimer /

hi group. Trying to figure how the flywheel comes off a zannetti moped. there is no center bolt to hold it down....?

john, pa.

Re: zannetti flywheel

Snap a photo. That should help. On most mopeds there is a nut in the center.

john burkhimer /

ok. i thought so too, dont have camera near me now. center of flywheel has a pinkish plastic piece. will not pry off. i notice two small dots on it. Maybe it is just pushed on and I have to pull it witha gear puller?

You spin the red plastic piece off, its threaded and is actually a plastic

domed nut. Use a thin pair of needlenose pliers to get in the holes and unscrew it, The flywheen nut is under it. Then you need a puller that threads into the flywheel, with a bolt in the center to pull it off.

john burkhimer /

thank you, will try it-any of you guys have a side cover with the pull cord for one of these mopedes?

john

I have only seen the pull-start in early factory books. It must have been the very first production run and sorry to say I have never seen one in person, having owned 10-15 zanettis since 1974.

That engine was designed as a backpack type power unit like a leafblower, so it makes sense the early model had a pull-start; They went to decompression-clutch start thereafter.

john burkhimer /

thanks Mark. I will have to snap a photo of mine. I need a cover for the side that houses the belt. Don't know much abouth these bikes....but are they supposed to stall when you come to a stop? also...how do i find out the year mine is

john

john burkhimer /

i found this photo on the internet. if you notice on the flywheel in this picture you will see a pinkish red piece of plastic or rubber. does that simply spin off?

Zanetti_Motori_C-50_Moped_Side_View.jpg

Yep, that red plastic disc is actually a plastic domed nut. Spin it off counterclockwise, like a nut and it'll spin right off.

You should have a centrifugal clutch that drives the tire roller via a belt, so no, it shouldnt stall when you stop unless your clutch pads are stuck to the inside of the bell (outer clutch housing) that they should spin in. I'll bet thats the issue.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account