Puch Idle

I know there has been some strains about engines cutting off while idling, i tried a bunch of the solutions but nothing has worked for me yet.

This is my problem;

1.) I start the ped just fine and the back wheel starts to rev up like i was using the throttle but i am not.

2.) If i use the back break to stop the wheel so i can take it off the kick stand it dies when the wheel stops

3.) If it doesnt die it dies when i am on it and use the throttle to start moving....

I just had the engine rebuilt not too long ago and had the carb and points cleaned. I have been using it for a few weeks now and this just happened today when i wanted to go for a ride... Please help

Re: Puch Idle

Patrick Keaton /

One problem might be the idle could be set too high. The idle should be set where the rear wheel just stops turning. Lower the idle adjustment screw with a screwdriver on the carb while you run the engine.

Moe Hammoud /

It seems like no matter where the idle screw is at the wheel keeps turning. If i just leave it running for a little it will either rev up to its top speed or die....

I have no clue whats going on with it. It seems like something is always going wrong with this ped, all i want is for it to run like it should....

Probably Fred /

air leak or not jetted correctly

Moe Hammoud /

How would i know which one it is and where would i learn how to fix it? Im a newb with mopeds.

Probably Fred /

Search wiki

Patrick Keaton /

There is an adjuster on top of the carb, where the throttle cable goes through, that can be adjusted inward, to slow down the engine. If you have a single ended throttle cable, and you adjusted the top adjuster all the way in, and the carb idle screw as far out as it can be, with the spring still contacting it enough so it does not fall out the carb, then adjust the screw on the throttle, if you have that kind of throttle, to loosen the cable up some.

clean your jet, clogged jet = lean high idle and die when throttle opened

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account