Looking to pay for Puch repair at Jersey Shore

Kristen Pilkiewicz /

I recently installed a new carb (old carb leaked like a faucet) and was so proud of myself (I'm a girl and these kinds of things are challenging) but now my bike has no "juice" to go. I would love to pay an enthusiast in the area to repair this problem for me.

I'm located in Belmar, NJ.

If interested, please E-mail my personal E-mail: [removed]

Thanks! (edited)

Re: Looking to pay for Puch repair at Jersey Shore

Kristen Pilkiewicz /

Or does anyone know of any shops in NJ that can fix this?

I can't help with finding someone to help, but I can give you some advice so that you can fix it yourself. It isn't too bad once you have someone explain it to you.

Did you replace your crab with the same size carb? The stock sizes are 12mm and 14mm. You should have 1/12/### or 1/14/### stamped on the old carb. the ### designate which model it is and the 12 or 14 is the size. The aftermarket carbs also come in 15mm.

Also, what is the number stamped on your intake (the part that the carb bolts to)? Is it 12 or 14?

You need to change the jetting in your carburetor. If you kept the size the same, you can use the old jet out of the old carb as long as you clean any gunk out of it first. If you screw off the bowl on the bottom of the old carb, you'll see a brass screw with a hole in the center. That's your jet and it should have a number stamped on the side. That's the jet size. If you changed the carb size, you might need a different size jet depending on what size you went with.

Cyclehouse sells new tomos down the shore but i dont know if they work on peds. You could take it to steves moped and bike world in dumont nj which is in north jersey by the gwb. I'm in brick alot cause my parents live there and could work on it but i dont know when i'll be down there again

Probably Fred /

Ya you need to rejet your carb

Unless you got the same one

Post more info

It's a Puch. You can totally fix this on your own if you're willing to spend a little time on it. Dave gave you a better run-down than I could have, so I won't spend time repeating it. Just post back with some more info and we'll help you get it going again.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account