Golden/brasss thing in a dellorto carb

Tal Reznikov /

I was recently checking my carb to see if it was the reason of my soft seize, so i took it apart as much as i could, and sprayed carb cleaner into it.

my question is, the little brass thing down the middle of the carb has what looks like two pinholes in it.

when i put carb cleaner into the place where the jet goes, the cleaner only comes out of one hole. is this ok?

the brass thing is perpendicular to the hole that goes from air filter to air intake, and passes straight through it.

if this is a stupid question, please say so politely... im new to this, and i dont think destructive criticism will help me right now (as opposed to constructive criticism)

Re: Golden/brasss thing in a dellorto carb

Sounds like you have a Dellorto SHA carburetor. No, stuff should come out of both holes in the 'emulsion tube' so it sounds as if something may be jammed in there. Perhaps use a piece of wire to fish it out.

If it's an SHA it actually has 3 holes. One is hidden down below the opening and angles up a bit. That's for the idle. You can clean the holes out with a thin piece of steel wire.

Tal Reznikov /

would this hole being jammed make my engine soft seize?

its is an sha its 14.12

yes, with the slide fully up, W.O.T. fuel should be coming out of all the holes.

Tal Reznikov /

ok, thanks for the advice.

im buyin a new carb next weekend

Don't buy a new carb unless you're upgrading to a bigger one, just fix the one you got. Like I said you can poke the holes with a skinny wire, then flush them out with carb cleaner and/or compressed air.

Tal Reznikov /

im upgrading to a 19 mm. phgb racing edition from 1977

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account