Can I make my 16 tires fit on 17 wheels on my puch?

I have 16 inch tires, but I have a flat on my puch. it has a hole in the side. can i use my dremmell to cut a half inch off the inside to make it fit my puch? I dont have any tools, and my mechanic is away for the mummorial day weekend. so i have to do it myself. will this work?

Re: Can I make my 16 tires fit on 17 wheels on my puch?

You serious?

Yes it will work well.

Mariano Ulibarri /

You need a special tool called a tire stretcher. I think they sell them at treats.

Just use a little propane torch and heat it up a little until it is pliable and stretch it out.

i dont half a torch. and i dont half time too wait for treats too mail a stretcher. im trying the dremmell but it is reely slow. it smells bad to. but i think it is gunna work.

can i still use my 16 intertube on the 17 tire? i can stretch it round. right?

SkUG SkUGosarus /

front or back wheel?

Ever changed a flat tyre on a bicycle?

I'd personally not recommend cutting tyres, there is normally a metal bead that surrounds the inner of the tyre...

A dremmel will work you'll just have a low profile 17inch tire when your done. Who knows people may like them and pay you make make them for there bikes!

Patrick Keaton /

Call or email this person, and tell them you only need a tire and tube, and make a deal. http://newjersey.craigslist.org/fod/2958226318.html

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot /

works great, done it a hundred times. use some sticky flypaper to help it stay on the rim.or, if you have about 35 hockey pucks and a hair dryer, you can make a solid tire. kinda rough ride, but no more flats.post up pics when you're done!

Put the rim and the tire in the oven at 450 to soften them up. Then you can just do it with your bear hands. No tools, dude.

Okay guys. I half ben cutting the tire for a long time now. I keep guming up my dremmell bits. the fire alarm keeps going off so i am outside now. here is how far i got. does it look good too you? I think I need too sand the edje a bit so it dusnt leek/. wen i get all the way around, are there enny speshal tips? this is my first time trying this. you guys half given me some good tips, I like the advize. luks preety gud huh! I think i mite have a futur in this yet!

Your getting there, but going to need to straighten those edges up. Instead of a dremmel try a cutting wheel

Thanks rich. unforchunatly I dont half a cutting wheel. I only half a dremmell and no torch. If I was too skrape it on the curb, do you think that wuld be like snadpaper and work? Im hopping so, cuz my mechanic is out of town until memurial day is over.

If you have a car you could start it and have someone rev the engine and use the fan for the radiator as a cutting wheel.Then hold the tire along the edge of the fan and use that to cut it. I've had to do that a couple of times myself. Looking good though keep it up

Lookin' good....I throw a wet towel over the fire-alarm.

i think i cut my fingernail off!

Tal Reznikov /

look, buddy, im not sure if this is a joke, but ig you are actually considering this, then please, for your own safety, buy a tire instad of making one.

you are going to fall.

if this is in fact a joke then wtf... ur an idiot

^Yes.

ok. im bettur. i didnt cut my fingernail off. just the skin on the side. so i put a peace of tape on my finger. now i am gunna keep cutting. if i get gud at this i mite half to start selling thes! duz ennyone no if a lectrik karvin nife will work on tires? my nana has one i culd try.

use yur uncle/daddie's router, it much faster

Mel!

I half a router! i use it to talk on moped army! the guy who solt it too me sed it is a fast router! i dont need no wires to talk here! butt I dont no how this will help me with my tire tho. how doo i use it for my wheel?

that's a difernt kine of router, this kine is like a giant drummle for wood

(do not use on woody)

SkUG SkUGosarus /

when i made my belt (fits around my waist to hold my trousers* up) out of an old tyre, i just used a big pair of scissors to cut the rubber... but seriously dude if you're gonna put that on you're bike you're gonna die... dont forget to film it so we can laugh at you :)

Also known as "pants" in 'merica... even though pants is shorts for underpants in the UK

ok. i half a bit of a problum.. i seam to half cut my fingers agin. i half too type with won hand now. i think i mite need stiches. ow ow it stings a hole lot. look at my fones p[itcher. doo i need to get stiches or can i put tape on them agin. i think this one is worst then last time.

---- Corey B ---- /

is that for real your hand????!!!

Crazy glue will take care of that

Those are ire mike p hands , so youz a lier . go away . not funny d@n

thanks Rick for the advize. I tryed super glue. it maid tha bleeding stop! but it got evryware! I gut it in my eyes, and awl over evrything! my brother took this pitcher tryin to pull stuck on things off. I gut 1 eye open so i can see a bit now!

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account