Re: Urban Express won't start

Glenn Krueger /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I have removed the carburator, intake manafold and the reed assembley.

The carburator idler tube was found to be open. I put a silcone tube on the idle tube and applied carb clearner under pressure using the red tube. The cleaner squited right through the tube and outside the opposite side (top) of the carb.

The reeds look good-except that one reed is open a fraction of an inch about 1/64th or less of an inch. Could that be the problem? I assume if it is open even just a little may cause the reed not to seat tight.

What is your opinion?

I have re-cleaned and taken off the control box. Tested it and it functions correctly. Put it in the freezer and heated it to test the action.

If I get a new reeds set, I will plug off the control box lines to start the moped. The bystarter will also be plugged.

Since it is Memorial Day, the reed assembly will have to be bought tomorrow or ordered off the Internet.

The above is the progress to date. Thanks for the help.

Glenn

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account