Splitting A35 case

im having trouble getting my a35 case open? all the bolts are out but its only about 1/8 in apart is there something i am missing that i need to do so i can splt my case to remove my old crankshaft?

Re: Splitting A35 case

The bearings are holding it together. Put the nuts back on either end of the crank. Heat the outside of the case with a propane torch around the bearing area. You dont have to get it super hot. Don't worry about roasting the crank seals since you should be replacing them anyway. Now tap the end of the crank with a wood block or rubber hammer with one hand while holding that sides case half in the other (wearing gloves since its hot). It should pop right apart. Heat the cases to get the new bearings to seat fully when reinstalling the crank.

yea take the whole thing, get the oven to 300 degrees. put the whole ting in there but watch out for other bearings maybe moving around, so you wantto hold them or be ready to put them back in, but the smaller beraings i didnt have fall out on me, i did this with a sa50 elite honda too tho. put the case int he oven at 300 degrees for max 30 minutes. 20 minutes does it pretty good, and so does around 20 minutes, might not be enough, 25 is enough. then just pull the parts off. should work

Don't hold it very far off the ground, maybe hold it just over something like cardboard or some old towels. When it comes apart you don't want to drop it on the floor.

yea itll fall all over the place. i had bearing sfall into the oven. sucked. just rring to reheat. one thing, i couldnt ever, get bearigns off cranks with heat or put them on with heat, and cold. small bearings, smaller than crank bearings, would work either. i made a way to pull them, or pound them in. heat does help.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account