E50 will not start

Casey Peterson /

For about 3 months I was Rolling with this set up:

E50, Treats 70cc kit for the people, Delorto SHA 16:16, 15 mm intake drilled out to 16, Chrome Boss pipe "fuego"

A week ago was when It started sputtering while I was riding, Natrually I stop the engine thinking that I am Seizing.

Got it to my Garage took off the cylinder, The piston and inside of the cylinder and piston ring look real good, I could eat my salad off of it.

I check the spark and it sparks big like it should, and I check to see if my fuel line is clogged or anything and its flowing fuel.

I am not sure what is going on, It turns over but it just will not start. Not sure what to do I have been messing with it for a week with no answers so Just wondering if any of you knowledgeable peoples could tell me I am being an idiot about something and she will run once again.

Thanks

Re: E50 will not start

Did you take apart the carb an clean the jet, check for water in fuel, rust in the bowl, and don't forget the tiny tiny idle passage?

Thats a good place to start.

Also there is a tiny screen under the fuel inlet nipple thing, take off flathead screw, remove cover, pry off filter and clean then replace (edited)

if you have compression, fuel and spark then probably your timing slipped or your condensor or points need replacement.

also spark should be blue-ish rather than white or yellow.

or possibly you have a loose ground

Overpriced Parts /

Put one half of a soda straw worth of gas in the spark plug hole and see if it fires

Casey Peterson /

Thanks guys I will check on it Tonight after work and get back to you all

Liar

♣Slew Foot♣ /

hardwired?

if not mabe a tailight or horn

Casey Peterson /

Go a little crazy at work, going to look into it today

Casey Peterson /

It is hard wired let me know if there is anything i should be looking for because of that. Not sure how to fix a loose ground, I'm guessing were the metal attaches to the wires, but that all looks good to me, I'm firing with blue spark, cleaned the carb and the little screen, they looked good any how, still will not start, tightened all areas that could possibly have air leaks but know way to check that for sure until I can start it.

Soda straw technique? I am guessing I have to put the spark plug back on to see if this works?

Overpriced Parts /

Yes. Take out plug

Put in a little gas. Put plug back in.

Try to start

have you tried starting fluid? not much just a tap on the sprayer.

if you have spark try starter fluid if it bangs over. then notice how it sounds. your timing could be off if stator slid or points moved the least bit can change the timing. if it does fine then it more than likely the carb. you can run a engine off of can spray for a moment, but due to lack of 2 cycle oil don't do it for long at all, just a moment. you have enough oil in the crank case for just a second or two to be safe.

any update on if you fixed it and/or found out what was wrong?

having the same issue so im curious

make sure the banjo fitting to the carb is aligned so the fuel flows through the holes...you have only 2 positions where it does...just a thought

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account