Silly clutch question

Martin Agronski /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Hi all,

Have finally managed to pull my e50 clutch apart (moped sitting for 30+ years with no trans fluid in it - it was so much *fun* getting the clutch-puller tight enough) and I see that the idiot before me had run the shoes until they disintegrated - see photo #1.

I bought some replacement arms, but they are for the three-shoe version and the stop-pins that prevent the arms flying out further and touching the bell don't quite reach into the cutouts on the clutch-plate.

So my idiot question is: which is better to modify, the clutch plate, or the arms? If I punch out the arm pins, won't that mean if my pads run low again I could scrape the metal against the clutch bell? How dangerous is it to enlarge the limit-stop holes in the clutch plate? (see other photo)

Thanks,

E.

Clutch_shoe_cracked.jpg
clutch_mod.jpg
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account