Re: Exasperated by puch maxi - runs good 1/4 throttle, dies above 3/4

Sam Moss /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Need a brake cable now so until that comes in the mail I can't shake it down any further. Gonna do brake shoes and tires and get a few jets in the 70's as well.

Looking at the 82 and the 60 jet, the hole was much bigger in the 82. Obviously it should be bigger and I don't have a means of measuring that small to quantify exactly, but it was noticeably bigger compared to the 60, maybe twice the diameter, which is 4 times the volume. So maybe my 60 jet was bad or had corrosion or something and needed to be poked clear, adding to my problems. Gas tank was clear of rust and this is the 2nd or 3rd tank of gas I've had in it, filter is new and I haven't seen any particulates in the gas. Excited to have this thing on the road for next weekend...woo!

Thanks for all the help guys

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account