Bogging issues.

Garelli resto on the way, idling issues, great! Oh god that's oil leaking out on the exhaust pipe.

Turns out I fucked up the gasket around the casing. No problem, easy fix. Replace gasket, exactly 13.5 oz of ND oil. Okay, it's fixed, let's go!

No more idling problems, no more leaky case, but now I'm bogging like mad. Take the airbox off to improve airflow: still bogging. Can reach top speed, just takes forever to get there and sometimes it just dies out and becomes really hard to start. Adjust decomp lever thinking maybe that's the problem. All the way out and all the way in, and right in between, same problem, except now I'm really sweaty. Definitely better with the airbox off, and if I blip the throttle repeatedly it seems to clean out and let me take off. If not, it just dies on me in the next 30 seconds or so. So I've pretty much got a straight mesh filter and the stock exhaust, what could possibly be doing this? I added all the info about the clutch in case that's the problem, but I doubt it. Any help from Garelli dudes or otherwise greatly appreciated.

Re: Bogging issues.

George Kalafut /

Oh, also, if I hit the decomp lever even slightly at idle it kills itself.

Re: Bogging issues.

George Kalafut /

Oh, and a quick clutch question: it says specifically 13.5 oz of oil, but a lot of people say "fill it up to the hole". 13.5 oz lets me tilt the bike quite a bit before any oil falls out. Too little?

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account