Hobbit clutch bell question

I am trying to remove the clutch bell on my hobbit, and I have removed the nut inside it/on the crank, but it seems to be stuck on . . . Anyone have any ideas how hard it should b to pull off? I thought about prying it off or using a slide hammer but i don't want to bend it. thanks for your help

Re: Hobbit clutch bell question

bump - anybody? I am hurtin to get these 1.5K springs in mane!

http://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/Honda_PA_Tools

You need the puller, don't try to pry it off.

It appears that treats and 1977 are currently out of stock.

I bought mine from the honda dealer a couple of years ago.

Yo should not need a puller to remove the clutch bell. Only to remove the clutch itself.

Yeah, so any idea on how hard it normally is to take the bell off? I do have the clutch puller to use after I get the bell off

Honestly, the clutch BELL should slide right off after you take that internal nut off. You are talking about the small 13mm nut that's usually under that small plastic cover right and not the BIG nut holding the variator drive face/ramp plate on right?

I'd try some light tapping with a rubber mallet. Either way, I've never had one come off hard once that correct nut was taken off. (and I've removed probably 20 of them)

Sorry I misunderstood you. I knew you were looking to change your clutch springs. Like said above, it always has just pulled off by hand, once that nut behind the black dust cap is removed.

Thanks for the input! Yeah the 13mm nut is the one I have removed and it seems to be stuck, well maybe i'll try to put a little heat into it if the mallet doesn't work so well. Thanks again!

I'm having the same problem... did the mallet do it?

Got it. Took a board and a hammer.

Dominic Valentino /

haha yeah, this was a while ago, mallet did for me

bell pulls right off! then you use the clutch puller to pull the CLUTCH! seems crazy i know, using a clutch puller to pull a clutch.

I'm running into the same issue, I can get it to slide out a bit but then it jams and won't come all the way off. I tried giving it a couple whacks but now it sticks a bit when I push it all the way back onto the clutch and sort of clicks and doesn't rotate as freely as it did when it's all the way on.

I did make the mistake of putting the washer and nut on and torquing them to spec without the bushing in (got distracted in between putting everything in) so not sure if that might have caused it. I've tried just sliding the bushing into place but now it won't go all the way in either. I'm hoping I didn't mess up the crankshaft when I put it back together wrong.

Oh I should probably also mention this is on a PA50I.

Anyone have any thoughts? (edited)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account