what would be a cause of this

after i have been running my engine for a while and come to a stop a lot of times it seems that the engine and back tire "lock up" .... i have to give a good push to allow movement and for it to crank back up.

i was reading through the wiki and couldn't find info about it. so if some one who knows what this means or can drop me a link that i may of over looked i would appreciate it.

Re: what would be a cause of this

crazycompton /

oh and its a 1980 peugeot 103 50cc polini kit

crazycompton /

oh and it doesn't do this when i'm riding. is this soft seizing .... it doesn't make any weird noises while i ride and i did a plug chop and it seemed fine...i'm gonna do another one today just in case after work.

Take apart the top end and have a look for damage. If it looks good, then maybe you can explain a little what you mean by "locks up"

Bad rear wheel bearing? Sounds like in the driveline vs engine if I read your post right. Is there a grease fitting on the driven pulley? Just some late night thoughts...

Ok, read it again, if the engine is stopping it may be in the engine, or the clutch not releasing completly. Something is dragging saomewhere, Motobecanes will do this if clutch springs are worn, (so I have read) mine works nice. Still sounds drive line related to me. Best of luck!

yeah sounds like a clutch to me. a soft seize wouldn't happen when you stop, it'd happen at higher rpms near WOT. will it idle on the stand even if you rev it up and mess with it?

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account