Re: QT50 wiring newbie - lights and kill switch

Igor /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Thanks for the responses

1) The kill switch really is as simple as grounding it - I had a small piece of it exposed and it touched the chassis - et voila - engine killed. Took me a minute to figure that one out :)

2) I am watching an auction for the relay - I suspected that could be a reason, and if i can get that part for $20 or so - I will buy it.

I have to ass inspection soon, so I want to make sure I do - hence the worry about the electrical gremlins.

Today, I bought a new battery (just in case, $20 at Battery Plus), and a new spark plug - just to find out I do not have a plug socket (fail).

Then took the bike out for a joy ride and it started running rough and then stalled solid. I cleaned it and messed with some part of it = but apparently messed something up .... just another day in getting it solid :)

Thanks for the advice . with the pointers, even the wiring diagrams are making a little bit more sense :)

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account