QT50 wiring newbie - lights and kill switch

Igor /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Dear All,

I am a brand new owner of a 1980 QT50 - It is mechanically running fine, but has some electrical problems I am trying to address. Problem is that I am a complete newbie to wiring u a vehicle. I can follow instructions, but have very limited experience figuring out what am I actually looking at.

The things I am looking to address are:

1) the left brake lever is not connected to the brake light cables. The brake operates but the light does not light up. It seems I need a clip at the end of one of the wires and plug it in. Correct?

Pictures:

2) the engine kill switch is missing. I have the wire in there, but no switch. Any advice what switch I need to get? Can I get a switch or do I need the whole assembly?

Picture:

3) The turn signals are not blinking. The proper light light up, but stay lit. I have t turn it on and off to simulate blinking. Is this a common problem? Is this a relay? wire The manual provides shorthand for checks, but that did not quite get e anywhere.

Thanks .. and I know I am duping a lot of problems at once and have no experience. I am hoping I can earn how to work on my bike independently.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account