Removing PA50 rear sprocket

I have a 1979 PA50 and I need to remove the rear sprocket but have no idea how it's done. I do not have the owner's manuel for it but that would be helpful and if I dd I would be asking this. but whatever.

Can any one help me with how to remove the rear sprocket?

Re: Removing PA50 rear sprocket

i'm pretty sure it's a 36mm flat wrench that does it (although it may be a 32mm, i can't remember). you can buy one at a decent bicycle shop, as it is a common tool for bike repair. either that, or you can probably throw a couple of bux at a cool bicycle mechanic to bust it off for you. the wrench flats are right behind the freewheel.

4 ft breaker bar and a cresten wrench.. make sure you have it on there with no wiggle.. have someone sit on the bike.

Thanks for all the tips. Shortly after psoting my question I used a a cheater bar on a wrench and broke the sprocket free. It was on tight and required a 5 foot long cheatah bar.

Yep, the 2 foot adjustable with a pipe did mine.

I needed a drill press vice. jussayin.

Kiel the Canuck /

Resurrecting old thread to add a suggestion for future searches: take off wheel + transmission. Clamp nut in bench vice. Turn wheel to loosen nut.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account