Re: Best 2 stroke oil?

I use Husqvarna 2 stroke 50:1 on my kitted Maxi...

motul 800 double ester

HEY GEFFO!!! IM NO OIL EXPERT BUT I HIGHLY RCCOMEND BLASTER OIL!!!! TO MAKE YOUR MOPED EVEN FASTERRRR!!!! TRY IT OUT, PUT IT IN YOUR GAS TANK WITH YOUR NORMAL GAS, BUT DONT USEEEE TOOO MUCH!!! UNLESS YOU WANT TO GO REALLY FAST AND SMELL LIKE SMOKE THE REST OF THE DAY!!! HOPE THIS HELPS!

What do you guys think about yamalube?

Good stuff!

Canadian Tire!

...or probably Wal-Mart if you're in the states :O)

You can find a variety of 2-stroke oils in most Canadian Tire and WalMart store. Home Depot will have a poor selection but it's all the same crap man! You're basically riding a lawnmower so don't worry too much about the quality of the oil. Make sure you declogg your muffler every once in a while and pay attention to your spark plug - that's it, the rest is as important as the colour of your tires...unless you're into that sort of thing ;O)

Pardon my ignorance, but curious those recommending royal purple, which one do you get? They don't make a 2-cycle formula...

yamalube 50:1 w/93 octane is my best solution at about 6 dollars a quart.Never go wrong with the motul just expensive to run around town on.

I've been scouring my area for good 2 stroke oil, and just happened upon a place that sells yamalube yesterday. I'm excited.

i just use whatever i have lying around. sometimes its chainsaw oil, other times its TCW-3 outboard oil or snowmobile oil. i figure, if its good enough for a 175hp 900 triple in a sled, then its good enough for my little 50cc moped.

as far as mopeds go, i dont see spending the extra money for yamalube, or castor oil unless you have some mods like porting done to the engine. when i do buy oil for small, low power 2 strokes, i just go with the walmart cheapo oil.

nerdzilla No mo Peds no mo /

platinum spectro! special 32:1 race premix...tits!

oops (edited)

I have been searching but have not come up with an answer yet about Motul 800. I saw an ad for it in the 4L bottle for $60 shipped so bought it. Its the new bottle label but I thought I had ordered the road racing version but received the "Off Road" version. The off road version does recommend 50:1 mixing ratio as recommended on my 3 Puchs.

Does anyone know the difference between the "Road Racing" version and the "Off Road" version?

Tom

It should work fine, might be a marketing thing. Stay with 50:1

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Pennzoil-Marine-TC-W3-Premium-Plus-2-Cycle-Engine-Oil-1-Qt/16401579 .Been using Pennzoil for over 30 years I used to use it in a boat, 1964 Mercury 400. Says marine on bottle but I can get it anywhere. Its blue.

Steve Clark Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> http://www.walmart.com/ip/Pennzoil-Marine-TC-W3-Pr

> emium-Plus-2-Cycle-Engine-Oil-1-Qt/16401579 .Been

> using Pennzoil for over 30 years I used to use it

> in a boat, 1964 Mercury 400. Says marine on bottle

> but I can get it anywhere. Its blue.

^This is really good oil,even for my kitted engines.I'm not sure if it's the exact same as the synthetic blend of Pennzoil Marine.I used to run the full synthetic pennzoil Marine,but it's kinda pricey.

I don't want to sink a lot of money in my riding. don-ohio (:^)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account