Re: Honda Urban Express battry connection

Adam Shoemaker /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

When I am cranking the engine, I have found that I have little to no spark. Sometimes it does spark, weakly, and sometimes it does not. But when it does, the engine still does not even try to fire.

I was not cranking the engine while testing the headlight, and it does not work while cranking.

The wiring seems to be complete, there are no missing wires/no disconnected plugs.

My dad and I (he is an electrical engineer) have been looking at the wiring diagram to try and determine the problem, but we only have the 1st half of the wiring diagram from the shop manual that is floating around on the internet on mopedriders.0rg, but the second half of the diagram showing the battery, CDI, ignition coil, ect... is missing. So all we have to go off of is the first half of the wiring diagram.

The engine is giving a compression of just over 90psi.

The starter relay is working.

I am missing the "off-run-off" switch, but I have attached my own switch in its place.

I can take some pictures of anything if it would help!

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account