minarelli v1 clutch

think i might have destroyed my clutch? When I engage my start clutch lever I cannot get my pedals to turn. I drained the clutch oil and got about 3 to 4 ounces of oil out. I filled with fresh oil, 16 ounces of 20w like my manual says but still cant get the engine to turn when I engage starter lever. Lever function is working fine. Can anyone help. Had no oil leaks in the past and thought everything was fine until now. thanks, need my ride back.

Re: minarelli v1 clutch

Go take the clutch cover off.. and look.. only way to know.

Report back.

Before you take the righthand side of the engine open, take the fan cover off and see if you can spin the engine over by turning the fan and flywheel by hand.

Be careful to not break any fan fins off.

yeah sounds like a seize.

Larry Cruse /

Thanks Guy's, Took fan cover off and cannot turn motor over by hand. Can turn about one half inch before she binds. What do I do next? Lost beyond this point. Help. Thanks

sounds seized. take your clinder and head off and inspect the cylinder and piston for damage.

Larry Cruse /

have removed head and cyclinder. both look good. very minor scoring on cyclinder wall. head looks great as well as piston and rings. still will not turn over. No slop in connecting rod. What now???????? Thanks. Any other suggestions?

If it will not rotate with the cylinder off you have something seriously whron inside the engine. Take the right side cover off and eyeball it.

If you have to dig deeper into the engine be very attentive as to where all the shims go. They are of different thickness and go in their respective locations. When you pull something look to make sure that a shim is not stuck to its shoulder.

It is possible that you have a siezed con rod or main bearings.

Good luck. Let us know.

Larry Cruse /

Thanks so much. I will do that and let you know what I find.

Larry Cruse /

After removing right side cover and finding everything looking good I decided to remove engine from bike. When I layed motor on its side I could see a small phillips head screw that had dislodged from mechanism inside behind flywheel. I can see where it goes but have to pull flywheel to screw it back. Dont know what it holds but it had become wedged so as not to let engine turn. After removing screw engine turns freely. Since I dont have a puller I guess I will have to devise something. My thanks to all who have helped me thru this. If anyone knows a web site where I might find a gasket set and possible set of piston rings I would be greatful. Since I have gone this far I might as well deglaze cyclinder and install rings and ign. points. Thanks again.

I would recommend handybikes.com for any internal engine parts. They have basically everything. If you can't find it on their site, give BJ a call there and he'll be glad to hook you up (or you can email him and get him to prepare a shipment for ya)

Larry if you need Anything, Let me know. Ed

I have many many many many many .. v1's.. parts :)

1247436121_phto0014.jpg

These.. are just engines I have in assembly..

Larry Cruse /

ED, thanks a lot for your offer of parts. Will let you know what I need as soon as I get my flywheel off. Can't seem to find a puller anywhere. Any idea's about a flywheel puller? Thanks, Larry

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account