e50 starter clutch! help before rally!

Ok, so I posted previously before figuring out I have an issue with this.

Plain and simple, I'm not getting any "grab". When I push start the bike, pull the clutch and look at my hpi flywheel, it doesn't really spin, and if it does not consistently.

Does anyone have any pictures of how to set this up correctly? I must be missing something stupid.

What I think I understand:

The clutch arm, when pulled, rotates the cylindrical piece(that has the flat side) inside the cover and forces the flat side to contact the nipple like part on the plate. This is supposed to force the clutch plate onto the cork on the back of the clutch pad, and force the crank to spin to make the engine start.

When installed, the "cylindrical" piece should be installed with the flat side sitting, well, flat in front of the clutch cover...correct?

I've taken this apart like 20 times and am just not getting it right.

any help would be appreciated!

Re: e50 starter clutch! help before rally!

Did you install the woodruff key? There is one on the flywheel side and one on the cltuch side.

top racing crank and hpi cdi.

both are torqued on and not going anywhere

Griffin Applicable /

tighten the cable?

cable is so tight that i have to use superhuman strength to try and pull it in. even then I don't see the flywheel spin fully, maybe intermittently. Also was looser, no avail

Griffin Applicable /

there arm definitely moves when you pull the clutch lever, right?

Griffin Applicable /

take the fly wheel cover off and spin that to start the bike?

just took entire engine apart to make sure I had no ghosts in there.

clutch arm moves.

I got ahold of a new cable gonna try that tomorrow

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account