how long for an E50?

about how long does it take you to rebuild an E50? start time when you remove the engine from the bike, end time when you start it up afterwards.

Re: how long for an E50?

two hours?

crazyjay vandal /
jayd OP

dang speedy answer! hi maggie

Ben Van Zoest /

About a day and a half with drinking beer watching TV naps in between, time flies.

quality rebuild > fast rebuild

Re: how *expensive* for an E50?

what would be the cost of a stock overhaul on a 2HP e50? i just scored a seized maxi for 40 dollars.

best source for parts?

If the seize is just a bad bearing should be less than $20. Assuming you already have the tools. Also do not lose or break the circlips they are freaking impossible to find.

Took me, with port matching and cleaning, about 4 hours yesterday

Take your sweet time and do it right. Then blast with no fear!!

it took me a bout 3/12 hours to take off tare down replace ,crank,bearings,seals, then re-assemble the motor andput back on bike and wire it back up and blast !

It takes me 4 or 5 hours because I like to completely soak and degrease the engine and also polish a few bits while I'm in there.

about 4 hours to drop the engine from a maxi by myself, with no work table (pretty freakin tough by your self)

remove the top end and port match

clean meticulously for metal shavings

and fire her up.

beer runs, and bathroom breaks included.

first time I did it was to the wiki posted here. with portmatching 2 or 3 hours, and that was going over everything twice and cleaning.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account