No horn or headlight

The horn and headlight stopped working yesterday on my 1977 Garelli. The ped kicks over and runs with on problem.

I cleaned the contact points on the switch with no luck. I have an ohm meter but no sure what to check. Any ideas?

Re: No horn or headlight

dont know for sure ,but heard of taillight being bad will do this on some models

The taillight was bad; I replace the taillight bulb, although still no power to the headlight, horn and taillight. Break light works. Could Napa have sold me incorrect wattage for the taillight?

make sure they aren't connected in series. don't know about the garelli's, but my '78 moby had a bad wire to the tail light (damn wire is run under the rear fender, had dropped down and the tire wore right through). when i replaced that section of wiring, the headlight, speedo light, tail light, brake light and horn all started working. stupid design if you ask me, but you didn't. :-P

No horn or headlight

kim jensen /

Check for continuity onthe tail light wiring. Also check the lighting coil. If the headlight coil is bad, the tailight coil is often run by induction from the headlight coil.

kbj

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account