flywheel removal Video by Dan

Ok I made this so you can see how to do it you will notice im not pounding the shit out of it either

YouTube - flywheel removal with rubber malet Dan

Re: flywheel removal Video by Dan

Jason Luther /

that may work for one that has been removed within the past year

actually I took it off after 30 yrs with the same method Dan my motto is DONT BE SCARED

I dont care how long it has been on there I will take it off with my method it works and works well Dan

it does not work any more.

Bruce Wilkinson /

Dan, I don't know about you but, it sounds like THEMS FIGHTIN' WORDS from David.

ARRRRRG matey youll be wanting ta try this

YouTube - fly wheel removal

Video is working again

;.)

Re: Video is working again

Dan, i must admit i was a critic at first, but i tried it on the tomos i just got. the magneto was covered in rust, and it came right off! i took the sparkplug out, and pedaled it backwards with my hand while tapping on it with a hammer, and sure enough! popped off with no effort!

thank you for the tip,

-chad

The old guy still has a few tricks up his sleeve!!

you shouldn't be able to loosen the nut that easily. your flywheel will fly off!!!!! literally!!

Ithaca is too damn cold /

exactly. I tried this method and the nut is never that loose unless you've had it off before.

NailheadRocketman /

I just did half of the process, just used my trusty ratchet and a six point socket, hit it with a rubber mallet and the nut popped loose. I took it off with my finger. I still had to use my flywheel puller tool though, as the flywheel was really on there tight. I sprayed some wd40 on the crankshaft that was deep in the flywheel hole, screwed in my puller and placed my crescent wrench on that to hold it in place. I then gave a couple turns on the puller bolt and the flywheel came off with a little cracking sound. Everything went perfect.

Paul

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account