QT50 Fuel:Oil Ratio

Does anyone know the proper fuel:oil ratio for a Yamaha QT50 (I think it might be 20:1 but I'm not sure)? I'm planing on pre-mixing the fuel.

Re: QT50 Fuel:Oil Ratio

you should be fine at 35:1 with a really good pre-mix oil for motorcycles. I prefer Pennzoil Marine synthetic blend from Wal-Mart for 11 bucks a gallon,also available at Advance Auto stores by the gallon. But use ANY good oil. don-ohio

is your oil injector broken? If not I would use it. If you insist on premixing make sure oil tank on ped is empty! use HIGH quality oil..yamalube etc. i use premium fuel as well as adding Sta-bil to all my premix.

my puch is 35:1 last time I checked, I fattened it up to about 38:1 to accomodate the 100 octane I have at my disposal. But definately use the injection if you've got it, and one word, yamalube best I ever used

The oil pump is behind the motor, too near the sand and dirt off the back wheel so it actually can wear out. QT's don't have much power so they don't overheat like higher tuned motors. The standard ratio that the pump supplies is about 200 to 1 when idling and increases both acording to speed or throtle to max about 20 to 1. If you mix you could use good snowmobile oil and even use 50 to 1 In any emergency you can use ordinary car oil 10W30 or any other grade oil but you never have to mix any richer than 25 to 1 for any moped. For any racer (two stroke) 20 to 1 or even 16 to 1 if you are wide open all the time or want to bury the oposition in smoke. Most mopeds don't have high performance ignition systems so you need the plug gapped no more than about .026'. Any ignition points should always be about .015' on snowblowers or any kind of motor that uses points. I happen to have one brand new rear shock left for QT50

yes,YAMALUBE would be great oil. STILL, if you are not certain it's injecting the proper amount of oil, pre-mix 2 ounces per GALLON into it until you check the usage by running a precise amount of gallons thru it(2 or 3 is enough) and measuring how much oil the tank needs when you refill it after starting with a full tank of oil.

See?......If you run 3 gallons thru it, and you need 10 oz. of oil to refill the oil tank, then you've injected at the rate of 3.33 oz. per gallon,which is a good ratio.

I did this on my StreetMate when I bought it, and it came out it WASN'T injecting enough,62:1, so I add 2 oz. per gallon of gas now that it's kitted. don-ohio

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account