Moby 50V bearings? Anyone?

Anyone got a source for 50V main bearings and seals?

I can't seem to cross reference the number on the originals and they are not a standard size. I measure 16mm x 42mm x 13mm. The seals measure 15mm x 22mm x 4mm.

Thanks.

Tim B.

Moby 50V bearings? Anyone?

Re: Moby 50V bearings? Anyone?

I've got a few sets, new old stock. $65.bearings and seals, shipped

$65? yikes.

I can get them for thirty, but you have to wait two months for me to make my next order.

I'll take a couple of sets for $30, no hurry, let me know when they come in. Thanks:DT

Thanks for the link rthor.

$33.58 USD shipped. $25.99 for the bearing set & $7.60 shipping. Now I just hope they actually get here. He added shipping to the USA on Ebay.

Bret, $30 is a great deal too, but in two months I will also need to get a plow for the front of the bike. :o)

Mon pleasure.

I ordered a set of these bearings from France and they came in a timely fashion (probably about 2 weeks). Thirty-three dollars is pretty good.

Be extra careful in your installation. I'd suggest to go through a practice installation with your old bearings just to be sure of the process. The trick is to seat the bearing on the shaft first and then heat each case up with a torch to expand the surface area and accommodate the OD of the bearing. If you do things right, the case will slip right on without disturbing the bearing. That's how you want it to go.

no worries.

i use a sawed off chunk of handle bar as a bearing drift, or whatever you call it.

FWIW,

The French bearings and seals hit my mailbox last Saturday.

One week after I ordered them.

They are SKF bearings with the same part number as the originals.

Tim B.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account