MY MOPED GOT SUNK! NEED HELP

Hi all, i'm new and need your help.

I recently had my moped stolen and found it on it's side half submerged in a small river.

It's now home ina shed and I'd say it was in the river for about 2 hours max.

WIll this be repairable? What should I do to drain the water?

General advice please, really need it for my job!

cheers

Re: MY MOPED GOT SUNK! NEED HELP

by the way it's a Yamaha Aerox 100

MY MOPED GOT SUNK! NEED HELP

Couple of things here:

First, you have a scooter and not a moped. www.scooterbbs.com will have more info on your scooter. This site deals with true pedal mopeds, although many members also own scooters.

Second, no insurance? Won't they pay for it?

Third, I'd start off by spraying that thing off with some air to get rid of as much water as possible. You're going tohave to take some things apart though to get rid of that much water though. I would drain all fluids and fill themback up again. Was the cylinder submerged? If so, I'd take the head off and try to get all that. Same with the carb.

Fourth, that sucks.

Fifth, sorry.

no insured for theft!

it was a present and they did the insurance.

SHould I just take it to a garage?

See Ya Moped Army /

Since it's a scooter, I'd leave it submerged,

yeh cheers for your help dickhead

See Ya Moped Army /

don't mention it you limey bastard.

Most of us here wrench on our own stuff . Definitely airhose everything off ASAP . I would also ( just my opinion spray all electricals down with wd40 to displace the moisture before things corrode and rust (nuts bolts ,cast iron everything , brake cables etc) If you take it to a shop they will/should disassemble everything . Your muffler is probably full so it need to come off . I'd pull the plug shopvac the exhaust and rotate the flywheel and wd40 it before taking it to a shop - what a mess.

lol larry.

Thanks for the advice ken.

seems like a pretty big job, but it's gotta be done!

cheers

is it my imagination or is larry becoming more cynical and less tolerant ? LOL

See Ya Moped Army /

Nah, I've always been a sarcastic SOB. I'm just becoming more vocal now. Maybe it's because Kim is away on business for a few weeks.

yeah ...i gotcha........I wish everyone here would leave on business for a few weeks

cant really see the point in comming in the repair forum if you're just gonna laugh at others misfortune.

anyway f*ck it

See Ya Moped Army /

For a country that produced such comedic geniuses as Benny Hill, John Cleese, Graham Chapman, Terry Gilliam, Eric Idle, Terry Jones and Michael Palin, you guys sure don't have a sense of humor. I was merely injecting some levity in this otherwise tragic occurrence in your life. You're the one who decided to mak it personal and call me names.

So, let me try again to inject some levity into this situation.....

Throw that scooter back in the river, and maybe you'll get lucky and catch a real moped.

Larry is on FIRE!

Hey, at least you found yours. When my moped got stolen I drove around by the river nearby _hoping_ that some douche had rolled it there and thrown it in. At least now you can clean it up, and you know what happened. Try to lighten up?

he will be here all week, dont forget to tip your waitress!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account