grande wiring

anyone have a wiring diagram for a 79 vespa grande? I just bought one that doesnt have any fire, and someone has been in the harness monkeying around....want to wire it back right.......

Re: grande wiring

Bruce Wilkinson /

Does it have a battery and turn signals ? Can I fax it to you ?

thanks, thats what I needed...it didnt come with turn signals and a battery, but someone spliced in a aftermarket turn signal kit, has a little beige battery box bolted to the handlebars..they spliced it into the wiring harness, and added a few pieces of wire and crimps etc. very crudely I might add .I want to put it back to stock wiring with a solder gun and some heat shrink, and leave some tails, so I can hook it back up later If I like.......everything else looks good on the bike , its missing the round air filter box (dellorto) but I probably have 1 in the garage somewhere , and it doesnt have any fire and the lights dont light when you kick it over, so shes got some kind of electrical issue, but other than that shes a nice ped....clean

Skywiter, we have a grande also, not sure what year it is, but having trouble getting it started also. Was wondering if you knew when I could get a trouble shooting book for this thing?

Thanks Skywriter

I have a manual for Bravo/Ciao/Si. It helps alot with the grande as well, though.

It's a PDF, and I have to send it in multi parts to get it through the mail system.

Let me know if you want a copy.

moped riders association has the ciao manual online and the grande assembly manual, thats where I got the diagram from and then printed it................I had a haynes manual but let it go with my ciao when I sold it......( I know im a dumbass)

as soon as i get a new ink cartridge ill be interested, then I can print it.......................

It's the Haynes manual I'm talking about, not the service manual.

Skywiter, can you tell me how to get these manuals from the ridersassociation for wiring on the grande...I have a 79, or 78 delxue...I may want to do some engine work on it also... a manual on the engine would be very helpful also.

Thanks, Alec and grandpa

The one we have does have turn signals, and a battery, Thanks skywiter, Alec800

Troyo, sure would like to have a copy..Tanks Alec

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account