1981 derbi variant

I just got a 1982 derbi variant, with only 300 miles on it, before when you come up to a stop sigh you could make a complete stop while its in gear because it is an automatic, and now its acting like its standard, now when i come to a stop it acts like i should put a clutch in or something (it has no clutch) and if i make a complete stop it will quit, its like driving a stick shift but acting like its automatic. does anyone know what might me wrong with it? if so please let me know, send me an e-mail AlexL21@sbcglobal.net, thank you and hope to hear from you soon.

1160715256_000_0578.jpg

Re: 1981 derbi variant

The clutches in these Derbis a pretty beefy. I've never had one of these that had sticking clutch when you stop. Maybe you have an incorrect or popped brakelight bulb that kills the ignition when you are on the brakes.

Re: 1981 derbi variant

I just got a 1982 derbi variant, with only 300 miles on it, before when you come up to a stop sign the cluch will activate by itself because it automatic , and now its acting like its standard, now when i come to a stop it acts like i should put a clutch in or something (it has no clutch), now the cluch is not activating and if i make a complete stop it will quit, its like trying driving a stick shift car without using the cluch , someone told me that the cluch might be jamed, if you know what might be wrong with it please let me know, and do you know what it might cost to fix it?

send me an e-mail AlexL21@sbcglobal.net, thank you and hope to hear from you soon.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account