Honda PA50II complete fuel loss frustration

mike /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Hello all,

I recently bought a used PA50II from ~1978 (yellow in color) that was said to run well once working. Indeed when it ran it had a surprising top speed and power. However the problem is that the motor, no matter how many times I pedal to turn over the engine, doesn't seem to spray atomized fuel/air into the engine. So the procedure is Fill carb with new premix > pedal like crazy with decomp and then release decomp and continue pedaling > take out spark plug to see if there is any fuel odor or visible liquid. There is none. This entire time the muffler is off. SPARK is good, compression blows my finger off the cylinder.

I thought the problem was poor jetting cause of the crappy old carb so i bought a NEW carb of a style that I know works and hooked it up. Amazingly the moped started right up and gave me all the power i ever dreamed of. That was the only time it ever worked. I cannot get a moped working With known good Carb, Spark and Compression. Why isn't fuel getting into this thing???'

thanks in advance

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account