Tomos is acting weird

I just got a 03 tomos it has a delorto carb with a 56 jet all stock. when you attempt to accelerate it has a lagg then it accelerates. top speed of about 25. I tryed taking off the airbox but that makes it die. sometimes. also what plug do these things take i used the same plugs as I use for the puchs W8ac.

Re: Tomos is acting weird

search 'tomos clutch' in the moped repair section of both mopedarmy and mopedriders.org.

it not a clutch problem its something carb/fuel related cas it acts funny like the rpms take alittle time to respond and sometimes it dies. could there be something wrong with the reeds? exhaust be clogged. does a 56jet sound right? A shitload of people have tomos here no one here has had this problem? what tranny fluid do these things have?

Use Dexron III fluid. If you do not believe it is a clutch problem like with so many other Tomos engines check your fuel line and filter for obstructions, if your tank has gotten dirty inconsistent fuel flow _could_ cause the symptoms you're describing.

When I changed to teh elbow intake i noticed a difference in throttle response. Also, 56 sounds a bit high for everything stock. Try something in the 53 range and see what happens. Plug chop? Find out if you're running too rich. That'll bog er down.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account