where can I get a fuel line on/off switch?

Where can I get one that works with gasoline? (my petcock doesn't work) I made one with plumbing parts, but the gas ate away at the rubber gasket thing inside the switch. I've seen a complete fuel line with an inline on/off switch on another maxi, but I don't know he got it. I don't want to order online, because I'm really sick of waiting. Can anyone point me in some direction?

Re: where can I get a fuel line on/off switch?

See Ya Moped Army /

Lawnmower/tractor repair shop.

I got a aquarium air valve from walmart and ive had it for 3 months and it has not yet detiriorated

- Summerai - Ben /

Thanks for the input, now I have some places to check. An aquarium air valve huh? I wouldnt have thought of that. Thanks!

Ben, I am using an inline fuel valve from NAPA on two of my Mobies. It's black with a maroon knob. It's not out in the aisles, but they have it in the back somewhere.

- Summerai - Ben /

thanks, I found one at a lawn mower place. Called NAPA but they didnt have any.

Hellarad Johnnny Johnnny /

can someone run through how to make a temporary petcock? I reallllly am getting sick of waiting on those dudes at moped wearhouse.

- Summerai - Ben /

Get something like this:

http://www.greatplainsas.com/trffuelvlv04.jpeg

That's exactly what I just found at a lawnmower repair shop. Amazingly, I just found the same one on google. Then go to home depot or somewhere and get some tubing.

This is what mine looked like before (don't get a valve like that. Apparently it's not meant for gasoline and didn't last for more than a week. Now I have the new valve as pictured above.):

http://www.teamwingang.com/Pictures/pictures/puchmaxi/DSC00424.jpg

Ha, Ben, that's also the exact same one I was talking about.... "It’s black with a maroon knob".

Unfortunately for you, Home Depot vinyl tubing is not suitable for use with gas. I tried it, it shrinks, yellows, and turns brittle pretty quickly. You really need 5/32" or 5mm line that's intended for gasoline. I know it can be hard to find locally-- I finally gave up on buying it locally and bought some on ebay.

Hellarad Johnnny Johnnny /

I got my fuel line from Cragen

Ben

I have one exactly like that that I purchased at the John Deere dealership. If you look on the maroon part, mine has a gas pump with a line over it - telling me that it's not made for gas. Works just fine though. Wondered if yours had that too.

- Summerai - Ben /

yeah, I was wondering about that, brystheguy. But whatever. If it works for both of you guys. And I guess I'll have to look for some better tubing then.

Leon Swarmer /

look here

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/discuss/6/63193/63146/

to see what I have on mine

The fuel valve with the red knob is made for gas. The picture of the gas pump with the line across it just means not to be used under pressure as with a fuel pump.

Try the automotive shops or lawnmower/tractor/model plane/snow mobile shops if any in area. Gas lines come in a variety of sizes. You might luck out.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account