help me and my bad tomos brakes

ok...how do i make my brakes on my ttlx (94) better? would just new brake pads do it? cuz everyone i know who has a tomos as good brakes but mine do almost nothing...i've replaced the cables, tightened them, checked the inside of my wheels, used different wheels...nothing...they just suck...so....would new brake shoes do the trick?

Re: help me and my bad tomos brakes

Get a hard grit sand paper and do the pads and the center hub....

k, thats wut i was gunna do if nobody replied...but i'll wait till tomorow to see if theres anyone else

check your pads. if they are still thick atleast a 1mm of pad left on the shoe then its fine. just roughen the surface up a bit. and if not just replace them.

I took 80-120 emery sandpaper and some wood.

I made a rim holder to hold the wheel off the ground with the wood so I could spin it.

Then I took a small 1/2 inch doll stick and wrapped my sandpaper around it.

Spun the wheel and applied the doll with light to medium pressure against the drum surface.

It made such nice, even lines that the rear rim breaks better than my front now :)

And this is off my Puch Magnum XK, which I think is heavier than a Tomos????

Best of luck,

MK

Those brakes are smaller then the newer wheels.

so i tried the sand paper and it didnt work too well, i guess i'll just see if i can find a cheeper set of the new breaks...or i'll just get a metal pole and stick it in the back rim wen i need to stop....we'll see

The rim is different.

The brakes are smaller than a Magnum???

I thought the Tomos are larger than a Puch.

Either way, it should work perfect.

What grit sandpaper did you use??

MK

extra/very fine? probably too small of grit but i rly do not want to take it apart again...the brakes stop me now so its fine...

yeah my magnum brakes are tiny, i did the sandpaper thing and saw no change, even cleaned it out with brake parts cleaner at the same time, nothing.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account