95PSI

Hello,

In the past I posted a few messages related to problems with piston, rings, etc. I really appreciated the help and insights.

But I still have the old cylinder that has some scratches. I installed a new piston and rings. I tested the compression and obtained a reading of 95PSI. Normally I would obtain 120PSI. 95PSI seems kind of low. I did not try because I would have to assemble everything. It is 2-stroke, 49cc. Would it work with only 95PSI?

Thanks

pedro

Re: 95PSI

The lowest compression ive gotten a tomos running on is 75 so i'd say yes u should be good...

See Ya Moped Army /

I seriosuly doubt a moped would even move with 75psi compression. 95 psi is enough to idle, but not enough to move with weight on it.

I said running mopedlar.......chill...

Jason Luther /

i had a riverside ped: undomed piston head, thick head gasket, new rings, clean bore and had 85 psi, still moved pretty well. i would have to say it was only supposed to have 85 psi. for a "modern" ped 95 psi is low, but still runable

See Ya Moped Army /

A moped needs a minimum of 120 psi to "run" properly. Anything less than that and low end power will be weak at best.

BTW....I'm always chilled.

my brothers fa50 is running at 95 psi, and it idles, and runs very well. He stays up with me on my express, but I have a little more accelleration.

I ran a 1980 Tomos on 110psi and it accellerated just fine.

Even better than my Maxi MKII.

Cool, I will give it a try. It reaches approx. 40mph and has suzuki turbo engine. The cylinder has some scores close to the ports. I installed a new piston and a new ring. But the new ring is not a thick as the old one, but the new ring is supposed to be used with that type piston as well. Like on the front of the piston I installed the old ring (thicker) and the new ring on the second groove. I will just make sure that the ring gaps are ok. Should such combination work fine, or would there be some complications?

Thanks!

Pedro

105 PSI on a Minarelli V1, what should it be?

It should be higher than that.

How many miles do you have on her?

Any modd's to the head gasket?

it just rolled over 1K miles with all original parts from 1977. i felt that it should be higher, the piston is scratched and the bore is very smooth looking. so how high should it be?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account