Puch Clutch arm

Hey, my clutch arm, not the lever on the handlebar- but at the engine, has gotten to the point where it will not return to the disengaged position on its own. Meaning no idling etc. Any ideas? It moves with diffuculty, not freely, and it moves like 1/4 to 1/2 in tops.

Re: Puch Clutch arm

How far are the screws that screw down the clutch springs tightened?

If they are not tightened enough, you will stall at idle because they are engaging to soon.

Best of luck

Hmm....I have no idea how far they are screwed in, but that sounds like a solution to my problem. I have to open it up to check, right?

is there tranny fluid?

Mine was doing that just before it disintegrated. The starter clutch friction material came loose. It is supposed to have type f tranny fluid in it. I am trying to fix mine now. If you find any good advice could you send it my way and I will do the same. I dont know how to get mine apart to fix it.

Yes. Type F

Bummer, I will try to get more info. So I guess I need to 1977mopeds me a clutch soon

Don't ask 1977mopeds.

Go to your local motorcycle junk yard and pull a clutch from a old puch.

A lot of the times, the guys that work there don't even know what it came from or care to know.

In other words, very CHEAP!

I read through some of the repair manual on Moped Owners' website. Is it that hard to trade one out? I do have a parts bike........

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account