Magnum xk help in SF

Hellarad Johnnny Johnnny /

I just bought my first moped off of ebay and I need some help making it rideable, anyone willing to help?

Re: Magnum xk help in SF

I'm willing to Help :)

knowbody is willing to answer my Topic; Sprocket line-up.....

What seems to be the problem?

sup im from sf. whats wrong with your moped? I could come buy and help you out. this your fist ped?

it looks like alot of the wires are un plugged, there is some rust and something is qrong with the peddle

I can help with all that. is the tank rusty? what is rusty?

yes, there is some rust on the top, but there doesnt seem to be any inside. uhh, what should I take pictures of?

I can help you get everything running an working and reliable. if you want you can take a pic of the ped.

If you want help tomorrow call me at (415)424-9368

Magnum xk help in SF

Hey John,

do you know what the laws are for registering a moped in CA? If it goes 50mph, do we need a new licence?

well, so far Ive gathered that a moped, a bicycle-like vehicle that is powered by a 2 stroke combustion engine (i think under 49cc) and has the capability of being pushed by pedals, needs plates and registration. Those plates and registration however, are only 15 or 17 bucks and its a one time thing. If you are getting 50 on your ped, pretend its no more then 25 and im pretty sure no ones gonna question you on it. Oh, you need a m1 or m2 license in order to drive it, but you can just go get your permit by simply taking a test at the DMV and that works just as well.

mopeds don't go 50 and the engine is always under 50cc no matter what ;) if one must explain to an authority, your going down hill and had the wind at your back, plus you where pedaling.

thanks to daniel, I now have a running moped. now all I need is a petcock.

yeah dude glad to help call me up when u get that petcock and well go ride. Il also weld ur pedal.

hey Johnny, you should email me when you get that petcock and it's up n running. I also live in Sf and recently got an XK. I want to compare to another similar bike as I'm pretty sure that mine isn't properly tuned up. In other words, it's lacking serious balls in the take-off department. It might just be like that cause it's a 1 speed and magnums are big and heavy. Anyway I'd be curious to check out another Mag-xk. Congrats on getting that one off ebay, was pretty cheap, no?

yo fitty it can be either you have a 20mph restricted ped or that your clutch needs to be adjusted.

Yeah, I got the bike on the cheaps (348$ shipped). is yours a 78?

hey daniel, when can you weld that peddle on?

yeah I hope it's not restricted. I removed that plastic tube in the air box that was a restriction but I don't know what else it could be. Haven't tried messing w/ the clutch yet, but that 'll prolly be my next step. That or Maybe I'll just get a smaller cog in the front for the drivetrain side and lose some top speed. I gotta do something though, it's unsafe to ride this slow. I need to rock Fell & Oak for work. And I'm pretty sure it's a 78 or 79 John.

john just give me a call once you get that petcock and I can help you do all the little things it needs. once the ped is rideable you can stop by my shop and il weld it or you can give me your crank arm and I will weld and return it to you either way you need to get to the streets.

and fitty when i first got my maxi it was a super restricted 15mph ped. it was totaly unsafe to ride. we were tuning and tuning and we only got it to go up to 20mph. turns out.

puch had put a 45th instead of a 40th rear sprocket

12mm intake and carb. 48jet

restricted pipe.

and there was a plug in the cylider that resticted the amount of fuel that entered.

one of the creatures gave me his setup. a ported magnum topend and a supermaxi exhaust. now the thing is flying. if you need help give me a call at (415) 424-9368

I will definatly give you a call when I get the petcock, but Im gonna have to bring th whole ped because that arm does NOT want to come off. anyone got any tips for that?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account